glutenfree.com - your #1 source for everything gluten-free. Over 650 products available!
My Non Gluten Life | Healthy Sack Lunches That Are Gluten Free

Healthy Sack Lunches That Are Gluten Free

by Guest Author 25. May 2010 06:03

Ahhh, the dreaded packing of a gluten free sack lunch for school.  Nothing but a pain in the you know what.  Really though, it's not that hard.

Packing school lunches for kids that are gluten free doesn't have to be hard.  With a little planning and effort, it's basically as easy as packing regular lunches.   But thankfully, there are lots of ways to pack healthy gluten-free school lunches.  The best way to start things off on the right foot is to include your kids in the weekly menu planning.  Giving them the opportunity to be a part of the decision making process of what is actually packed in their lunch could greatly enhance the chances of them eating what's actually packed.

Providing good complex carbs, healthy fats, and proteins are vitally important to any attempt of improving a child's diet.  Combining those attempts with going gluten free can only enhance your efforts of packing gluten free school lunches.   Your child must not trade any food items with other kids or students.  There is way too much risk involved.   Stress the importance of staying on the gluten free path.

The following ideas will help you plan and pack a healthy gluten free school lunch for your gluten-free child .

• Start with healthy protein that is found in high quality gluten free deli meats, cheeses, and cheese spreads.
  • Chicken and turkey salads are good.
  • Gluten free peanut or other nut butter and jelly sandwiches.
  • Yogurt that is gluten free and flavored with fruits.
  • Smoothies made out of healthy protein powder and fresh fruit.
  • Fresh vegetables and fruits provide good complex carbohydrates.
  • Gluten free pasta dishes.
  • Whenever using oil for anything, use olive oil
  • Gluten-Free flours and brown rice.
  • Don't send sugary sodas or juices.
  • Gluten free crackers and corn chips.
  • Gluten free condiments, including mayonnaise, ketchup, or mustard.
  • Change the daily food items up.  Gluten free kids need/want variety as non gluten-free kids do.

Packing gluten free is easier than you think.  Stick to the plan and things will work out well.   It will definitely pay off for you and your gluten free child in the long run.

Tags:

Gluten Free Articles

Comments

June 25. 2010 09:02
Tisha Lekan
It's a shame puppets are not seen more on television now-a-days, Sesame Street Puppets were my favourite watching as a child...

June 25. 2010 09:30
Keith Armand
Puppets in my idea were the best way to teach children, as least when I was growing up!

June 25. 2010 09:38
Sol Valeriano
I talked to this person for a long time a while back, But they couldnt reveal who they were... I only knew them by their email address which brought me to this post, how ominous!

June 25. 2010 09:50
Marco Louque
I don't totally agree, but regardless a very well written post. I'll link back, with my counter response Smile

June 25. 2010 20:08
ways to make money
Oh snap, now that's what I am talking about. Been attempting for ages to search out some info similar to this. Thx huge time buddy !

June 27. 2010 21:45
raja
Excelent post, I must say. I don't have simmilar experiences myself, but I can relate to the post. Theres an old saying where I come from "more heads know more"...

June 28. 2010 04:59
raja
Hey man, was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. You, my friend, ROCK!!!

June 28. 2010 19:58
Hollis Dumpson
I only want to post kindly hello and want to say thank you for enlightened letter. I found myself searching through the web for some kind of very usefulpost. like that, or at least a website. That coveredwhat i want to
Best Regards.

September 3. 2010 22:20
Facebook Raffle
Getting anxious for a new post!

September 11. 2010 02:00
alamogordo real estate
Well it reckons like this blog is somewhat involved, congrats to the writer! I try to learn as much as manageable online when I have extra time. But alas, it is becomming common for people to pass all the day on the internet instead of actually living, what a pity. Anyhow, continue with the great writing at any rate...at least the flocks can have choice material to feed thier croaking wits. Perhaps it is best off, the common world is not very intelligent anyhow.

October 15. 2010 22:28
Forex Signals
Thank you so much for your outlook, I totally concur with you. It is great to see a fresh outlook on this and I appear forward to more.

October 15. 2010 22:28
Best Forex Signals
I just started reading your website – thanks for writing. I wanted to inform you that it’s not displaying properly on the BlackBerry Browser (I've a Tour). Anyway, I am now subscribed to the RSS feed on my PC, so thanks again!